I have a site where most pages have the same layout, only content and possibly the background image is the same. Same HTML and CSS, with only difference in section and background-image. This is what I have been doing when I create a new page:
- Create a clean HTML file with the content I want to add - new_content.html, and a background image new_content.jpg to go with it
- Make a copy of HTML template page and name it new_page.html
- Copy the contents of new_content.html to in new_page.html.
- Modify the CSS to set the background.
- On index.html, create a link to the new page.
There is a lot of repetition, and identical pages with only one div difference. I would also like to separate the content from page design, so that I could simply add a link on index.html that would do something like [mix of HTML and pseudocode only to illustrate what I want to do]:
<a href="page_template.html(new_content.html, new_content.jpg)>